Bi-Weekly Recap: Event Highlights from September 16-30, 2021
We’re back with another ICYMI bi-weekly event recap of our jam-packed Pavillion events calendar. We had 132 informative events scheduled in September, led by some of the top business leaders in the world. Let’s dive into event highlights from the second half of the month.
Mentoring for Inclusion: National Inclusion Week 2021
We know the value of mentoring and the difference it can make in your career trajectory, but people of color (POC) and other marginalized groups may have trouble finding mentors who understand their point of view.
Mentoring, when it takes an inclusive approach, can do more than help POCs boost their career trajectory. Having a mentor with shared experiences can help people feel listened to and supported. That kind of empathy helps mentees feel more confident and better able to advocate for themselves in the workplace. Plus, people can pay that forward by mentoring the next generation. In this webinar, we talk about mentoring for improved inclusion and some of the key things to keep in mind when implementing inclusion programs.
Here are a few highlights from the discussion:
- Inclusion is a verb: inclusion requires action — and it goes beyond creating a welcoming environment. It’s about fostering a sense of belonging and ensuring all voices and perspectives are respected and considered.
- Everyone needs a safe space: Everyone needs a safe space, whether it’s sharing your perspective as a part of an underrepresented group or as an ally.
- It’s about underrepresented groups and under-discussed topics: Experiences like menopause, autism, and body image can cause just as much marginalization. It’s important for inclusion programs to directly address these and other less visible issues.
Redefining ICP: Make the Perfect Customer Match to Boost CLV and Build Your Foundation
Customers come first for a successful business, which means you have to know who they are and how your product or service can best help them. That’s where the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) comes in — sales teams have been using it for years to make sure they match the right offering to the right customers.
But it’s time to revamp the ICP. Today’s sales process includes multiple stakeholders and — more often than not — a longer sales cycle. Knowing your stakeholders, what they will need for procurement, and how to make their job as easy as possible can help you get ahead of any snags in the sales process. Once they are a customer, you want to keep them and grow the business. That starts with knowing who benefits most from your product or service so that you choose more qualified prospects. We need to rethink ICP so it can turbocharge Customer Life Value (CLV) and establish a stronger long-term relationship with your customers.
In this webinar, our guests talk through the shifts in customer needs today and how to modernize your ICP strategy. Here are a few of the key things to remember:
- Treat people as people: Whether underperforming or overperforming, your team is made of people. Improving their performance isn’t just about improving their numbers but about how to help them grow with a customer-focused mindset.
- ICPs can go beyond the economic buyer: It’s beneficial to understand the EB and all of the people they have to work with to get a contract through. Creating ICPs for legal and finance can help you get ahead of issues with those teams.
- Retention can help inform your ICP: Taking a deep dive into the customers who renew early and grow their relationship with you can help determine which customers will provide more CLV over time with minimal churn.
Mapping Your XaaS Go-to-Market Plan for Success
Taking a product to market is a massive endeavour, especially for a growing XaaS company. There are resources to consider, target markets to identify, and quotas to meet — and those are just a few of the things that keep executives up at night. One of the things that can really improve the experience is to actually map out your GTM strategy. Your mapped strategy can serve as a touchstone as you go through different stages of the GTM process.
In this event, our guests discuss the overarching strategy for XaaS GTM in a way that helps define what’s most important so that your teams can stay on track as they execute on the company vision.
Can’t wait to watch the full episode? Here are a few tips to get you started:
- It all begins with segmentation: Identifying your target markets will help you clearly map your strategy to customer needs. Just remember that it’s an iterative process and your customer will likely evolve over time.
- Leverage your AEs: Account executives play a key role in value realization in 65% of Xaas companies. There’s a good reason for that: you need someone to own the customer experience and ensure their needs and goals are met.
- Capacity is key: Without the right staffing, it’s difficult to service clients and grow your market share. Be sure you have a sense of how many resources you will need to meet demand.
We’re back with another ICYMI bi-weekly event recap of our jam-packed Pavillion events calendar. We have 131 informative events scheduled in September, led by some of the top business leaders…
We’re back with another ICYMI bi-weekly event recap of our jam-packed Pavillion events calendar. We had 129 informative events scheduled in August, led by some of the top business leaders…
We’re back with another ICYMI bi-weekly event recap of our jam-packed Pavillion events calendar. We’ve got 129 informative events scheduled in August, led by some of the top business leaders…