Pavilion Code of Conduct
Last Updated: November 25, 2020
This Code of Conduct applies to your participation and involvement in any Community operated by the Company or other use of the Company’s Services that involves other Members or participants, including without limitation your participation in any Event or any of your Member Contributions. This Code of Conduct applies whether you are a Member or other user of the Services or any part thereof.
All capitalized terms not defined in this Code of Conduct shall have the meanings set forth for such terms in the Company’s Terms of Service.
Your Participation in Events, Interactive Features, and Other Company-Related Activities
The Company is committed to creating a healthy, exciting, respectful, supportive community and environment for all Members and other participants participating in any Company-related activities, including at or through any Event or otherwise on or through the Platform.
With that goal the Company asks each Member and other participant to adhere to the following guidelines when attending or participating at any Event, when using the Platform or when engaged in any other communications with other Members or other users of the Services in the context of any Company-related activities:
- Participate Actively and Thoughtfully: You are expected to participate in and contribute to all Events and other Company-related activities you take part in authentically and actively. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of the Company’s Communities.
- Help Your Fellow Members When You are Able to Do So: You are expected to be responsive and helpful to the fellow Members of your Community. For instance, when there is another Member of the same Community traveling to your city, another Member of the same Community asking for help or who just wants to meet for coffee, we ask that you respond promptly (whether you can or cannot be of assistance) and to offer reasonable assistance if your schedule permits.
- Be Considerate and Respectful: You are expected to exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- No Demeaning, Discriminatory or Harassing Speech or Actions: You are expected to refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. This includes without limitation harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images (including presentation slides); inappropriate depictions of violence (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of an Event or other Company-related activities; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Event venues may be shared with members of the public, so please be respectful to all other persons at these locations.
- Privacy and Confidentiality: Many Events and other interactions between Members and others through the Platform or otherwise in the context of Company-related activities are intended to be private and confidential between the participants. As such, you must agree and adhere to each of the following privacy and confidentiality guidelines:
• Any information you learn about another Member through the Company, whether at, from or through an Event, the Platform or otherwise, must be kept private and confidential and only shared with other Members of the same Community and (if applicable) only those other participants in the same Event or other activity at which that information was disclosed unless the Member that such information concerns expressly permits wider disclosure.
• Likewise, that information cannot be used for any purpose other than for internal Company purposes (for example, discussions with others Members, to provide advice to another Member, etc.) unless the Member that such information concerns expressly permits otherwise.
• If you learn something about a Member in a small group setting (for example, an Event like a dinner) or in a one-on-one setting (such as a coaching session), you will not share that information with anyone not present, not even other Members, unless the Member that such information concerns expressly permits otherwise.
- Safety and Mindfulness! You are expected to be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow Members and other participants in Event and other Company-related activities. Notwithstanding our guidelines on privacy and confidentiality (see #5 above), you are required to alert Company management and/or Event or other activity leaders or organizers (for example, the head of your Community’s local chapter or such other Event or activity leaders or organizers as may be present) if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or someone engaging in demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior towards another Member or other individual, even if that seems inconsequential to you.
- Legal Compliance: Your Member Contributions must in their entirety comply with all Applicable Law.
- Your Contributions as a Member: Without limiting anything in the Terms of Service that may also apply, Member Contributions must not:
a. Contain any material or content that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
b. Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
c. Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
e. Be likely to deceive any person.
f. Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
g. Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
h. Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
i. Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
j. Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Company or any other person or entity if this is not the case.
Consequences of Violating the Code of Conduct
Violations of this Code of Conduct by any Member or other participant or user of the Services will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop the applicable conduct is expected to comply immediately.
If any Member or other participant or user of the Services violates the Code of Conduct, the Company or others acting at their direction may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including ejecting someone from an Event, temporarily suspending or permanently terminating an individual’s Membership or right to access or use some or all of the Services. No refund of any Membership Fees or other fees or charges would be provided in any such event.
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to or witness a violation of the Code of Conduct or have any other concerns, please notify the Company as soon as possible at email@example.com. In the context of any in-person Events, the Company will also provide escorts as desired by a person experiencing distress.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing governing policies.
License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is based on part on the Berlin Code of Conduct, which is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.