Bi-Weekly Recap: Event Highlights from August 16-31, 2021
We’re back with another ICYMI bi-weekly event recap of our jam-packed Pavillion events calendar. We had 129 informative events scheduled in August, led by some of the top business leaders in the world. Let’s dive into event highlights from the second half of the month.
Sales vs Customer Success: The Ultimate Showdown Results
Sales and customer success are very much like siblings — neither team can imagine life without the other, but sometimes it can be tough to get along. Of course, in an ideal world, sales and customer success teams would work hand-in-hand, collaborating early and often to ensure the client has the best experience possible. But what does that look like in real terms?
In this event, we delve into some of the questions and issues that often come up regarding how sales and customer success work together, and we take a live poll to see where sales and CS land on each topic.
Here are a few of the questions we dig into:
- Should customer success be able to stop a sale that they see as a bad fit?
- Who should own upsells and expansions? Sales or customer success?
- Should sales comp include clawbacks for wrong fit customers who churn?
3-Step Framework: How to Promote and/or Get Promoted in the Revenue Organization
Getting promoted is a goal for many of us, but it’s just as important to find a role that suits us and aligns with our life priorities. The hybrid work environment has complicated things, reducing networking opportunities and the face time that we traditionally have in the office. It’s far too easy to put the extra work in and not necessarily reap the benefits. So, how do you make sure your efforts lead to advancement?
In this webinar, our panelists discuss how to move forward and advance your career, especially in a remote world.
Here are a few tips on how to get yourself noticed in the workplace:
- Stay on camera: Keep your video on during conference calls; it will help you establish your personal brand and build your network.
- Career progression doesn’t necessarily look like a ladder: Success isn’t always about moving up. It may be that the best move is across, for example, from sales to revenue operations.
- Stay aligned: It’s wise to look for opportunities to solve a company problem or fill a need — make sure that it also aligns with the business’s goals.
- Put your ego aside: You don’t have to know the answer to everything! Allow yourself to ask questions and learn.
Top Behaviors of a Hybrid Revenue Team
Due both to the pandemic and employee expectations, it looks like we’re going to be living in a hybrid work environment for quite some time. According to Upwork, 22% of workers will be remote by 2025 — an 87% increase from pre-pandemic levels. Now, the majority of people want a flexible work environment.
Revenue organizations that optimize their programs for remote-first environments will set themselves up to win, but what exactly does that look like? Our panelists discuss what they’ve learned from running hybrid teams over the last year and a half and best practices going forward.
Here are a few highlights from the discussion:
- Leave opportunities to chit chat: Whether it’s virtual huddles, 1:1, or setting up a virtual coffee, always leave time to talk about non-work topics. Conversation without an agenda creates a safe space and opportunities to connect genuinely.
- Create a clear path for what onboarding looks like: Let employees know what to expect during onboarding. You can make it fun by creating certification programs or gamifying the experience.
- Build employee/manager trust: Go beyond the stats and make time to talk with employees about building their skills and charting their growth path. It helps to know that you’re invested in them.
- Push peer-led best practices: If someone on the team is great at a particular skill, have them teach the rest of the team. It’s encouraging for that person, and it benefits everyone on the whole
We’re back with another ICYMI bi-weekly event recap of our jam-packed Pavillion events calendar. We’ve got 129 informative events scheduled in August, led by some of the top business leaders…
We’re back with another ICYMI bi-weekly event recap of our jam-packed Pavillion events calendar. We’ve got 131 informative events scheduled in July, led by some of the top business leaders…
We’re back with another ICYMI bi-weekly event recap of our jam-packed Pavillion events calendar. We’ve got 128 informative events scheduled in July, led by some of the top business leaders…